We understand that the COVID fatigue is real. We understand, and to be honest with you, we too are a little tired. It’s ok to feel that way after 3 years of a crisis. But, the reality is that it is not over yet and that there is still some work to do. But the pandemic is not over yet.
There are a few things you should know about the COVID situation now in Canada:
- Hospitalization numbers are higher than they were at this time last year.
- There is a triple respiratory virus threat that could make the hospital situation even worse this fall.
- The Omicron sub-variants BQ.1, BQ.1.1, BF.7 and XXB have all been spotted in Canada and harbour mutations that could potentially make them better at evading our immune defenses.
However, we are better equipped this time and we all know what to do:
- Bivalent vaccines are available for anyone 12 years old and up and are predicted to provide better protection against all Omicron sub-variants, including the newest one.
- If you feel sick, even if it’s not COVID, you should stay home
- Masking, washing hands and physical distancing have all proven to be efficient at reducing transmission of respiratory viruses
- Flu season is here, go get your flu shot
This is not our first rodeo, we are better equipped and we know what to do. We will get through this together!
If you have any questions about COVID in Canada right now, please reach out to us. It would be our pleasure to make it easier on you by answering your questions.