Back to school without mask mandates can be stressful for many parents and children.
We answer 5 questions you might have about masking at school 👇
- Masking in school is still useful even if your child is fully vaccinated
- A mask will help protect your child even if they are the only one wearing them
- Wearing a mask all day and removing it for lunch still provides better protection than not wearing one at all
- Mask mandates have been proven to reduce in-school transmission
- There are no studies demonstrating that masking affects language development
Not everyone will have the same level of comfort in sending their child back to school during an ongoing pandemic. It’s important to remind yourself and your children to respect the choices of others.
Want more mask safety measures? Write to your child’s school board to let them know you support masking. Together we can make schools safer 💪.