Click on the sharing buttons to link to the post in your own tweet, Facebook post, email, or even WhatsApp message.
This post was vetted by experts, so you can be confident it’s accurate.
Experts predict there will be more deaths from opioid overdoses this summer. Knowing the facts saves lives:
- On average, 20 people die from an opioid overdose every day in Canada.
- Even experienced opioid users are at risk of ODing.
- Naloxone is safe to give to anyone suspected of overdosing. 🤱👨👩👧👦
- Naloxone does NOT encourage drug use.
- Naloxone only works for up to 2 hours, after that, the person is at risk of ODing again.
- The Good Samaritan Drug Overdose Act provides some legal protection for anyone seeking help during an OD 👨⚖️
- Having drugs on your skin or clothes won’t make you OD
If you use drugs this summer, use safely. Check out these resources for safe usage tips 👇
Share our original Tweet!
Experts predict there will be more deaths from opioid overdoses this summer. Knowing the facts can save lives.— ScienceUpFirst | LaScienced'Abord (@ScienceUpFirst) June 21, 2022
Check out our debunks for 7 common myths 👇#ScienceUpFirst
🧵 [1/10] pic.twitter.com/kELHRN80HL
View our original Instagram Post!