Click on the sharing buttons to link to the post in your own tweet, Facebook post, email, or even WhatsApp message.
This post was vetted by experts, so you can be confident it’s accurate.
UVA, UVB, broad-spectrum, chemical, mineral, hybrid, SPF… Buying sunscreen can feel overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be! 😵💫
Here are a few things you should consider when buying and applying sunscreen:
- Choose a broad-spectrum sunscreen that will protect you against both UVA and UVB
- SPF 30 is best for everyday use, but consider a higher SPF when doing outdoor activities
- Chemical or mineral, choose a sunscreen that offers good protection and that you like
- Apply 15 mins before sun exposure and every 2 hrs after that
- You will need around 7 teaspoons to cover an adult body (Yes, that much!)
A huge thank you to Dr. Michelle Wong (@labmufinbeautyscience) for vetting this post. She is our go to for Beauty Science! 💖
Do you find buying sunscreen difficult? Would you like us to clarify something else? We are here to help!
Share our original Tweet!
UV, broad-spectrum, water resistant, chemical vs mineral, SPF…— ScienceUpFirst | LaScienced'Abord (@ScienceUpFirst) July 6, 2022
Buying sunscreen gets confusing real fast! 😵💫
So what should you look for?#ScienceUpFirst
View our original Instagram Post!